It's not what we Say - It's What we DO - Day by Day...
- R. J. Rubis

Thursday, February 14, 2008

on the other hand...

...maybe there is... After reviewing the setup steps laid out to get my "free" galley copy of my ABNA entry, I found that it didn't seem like I could get through the setup to the "Order your Free Copy" without choosing the "Enable" button on the "POD with us?" question.

Finally, after reviewing the setup another three times and not actually getting the "ask" for my credit card number (although the "offer" is there to upgrade to a premium package, which will, it says so right in print, MAXIMIZE my profits on any sales of my book!)

So far, this whole venture hasn't cost me a dime (if you don't count my time, and I don't want to even go there...) I decided to call them on it. So, apparently my book will appear on the virtual shelves of an online (to remain nameless for the moment) POD company at the low, low price (set my me) of $24.99 (of which around $3 will be my cut - turns out they compacted my tome into 380 pages, which saves money on copy costs). In exchange, I'm supposed to get my very own, real (paperback bound) copy of my book, shipped to me in the real mail.

We'll see...

No comments: